Hello! My name is Kristen Carpio and this year I will be a Junior at Notre Dame High School! I am really looking forward to taking AP Biology for the 2019-2020 school year, and this site will serve as a place to hold all of my blog posts throughout the year. I hope you enjoy!
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Kristen Carpio and I am extremely excited to start AP Biology this fall! To learn a little more about me, watch the video below.
My Overall Website Experience
Just like that, the second semester is wrapping up, and so is this site. 😦 I really enjoyed posting all of the different blogs and investigations on this website, and it has been really fun to look back to see my writing style when I first started last August. This was such a fun opportunity, and even though it was very daunting to start an entire blog in the beginning of the year, I am glad to say I have overcome this challenge. I hope to continue a new blog in the future, possibly in college just to have as a keepsake of the things I learn and my experiences.
If you’re interested in starting a blog or you will be taking up this challenge next year in AP Biology, check out my tips below!!
What I learned from managing a website:
- Writing is easier when you’re passionate about what you have to say
- Try to find something you’re interested about in everything you have to blog! It’s much easier to write based on what is unique to you so find your passion!
- Visuals and multimedia add so much to a blog
- Everyone loves looking through videos and pictures! Multimedia adds another level of information to your blog and it’s another way to share others’ knowledge!
- Avoid long paragraphs of text
- I personally think it’s hard to sit and read a paragraph that takes up an entire page, so try spacing things out!
Top tips for developing your own website
- Become accustomed to the software
- Play around with the settings when you first set up the site, and Google videos on how to use all of the features! This will help in the future when you become efficient in posting/uploading blogs.
- Publicize your writing
- Use other forms of social media like Twitter or YouTube to share and post about your blog! There’s so many ways for you to share your knowledge.
- Find your style
- Change the format and colors of your blog to your own aesthetics! Finding a common color scheme is always a good idea to make your blog look uniform.
Thank you for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them down below or email me at email@example.com.
Dear Future AP Bio
I can’t believe that the year has gone by so quickly!! To the Team 2020-2021 AP Bio students, check out the video below to see some of my tips on what I wish people told me about this amazing class 🙂
Check out my LinkedIn Profile attached HERE. I would love to connect and learn more about you!
My Twitter also has lots of cool posts by me, so check it out below!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.